Plaque #C4 Heritage Building

1 William St, Clifford
Plaque #C4 Heritage Building

Built: 1867

Builder/First Owner: Francis Brown

Occupation: Builder

Brief History:

Francis Brown, who in 1855 built the Francis Brown Hotel, the first building in Clifford, resided in this house. He and his wife managed the Hotel. Mr. Brown was a real estate developer and builder. Francis Brown and Charles Allan did much to develop the village of Clifford. In the early days, Clifford was called the Village of Minto.

Former owners: Tucks, Binkleys, Chris Hill, Carl & Freda Hill, owners of the Clifford Dairy.

Filter Locations