Built in 1879: Original home of John Ivel.
This lot, as most on this side of town, was first owned by John Webb, the first settler in Harriston in 1848. He sold it to Samuel Robertson, box manufacturer on Mill St. and it sat vacant until John Ivel purchased the property in September of 1878. Assessment shows him building the house in 1879. He was a bricklayer/mason.
Former owners: 1879-John Ivel, 1905-William and Myretta Behrms, 1913-Leonard Wright, 1914-James Barber, 1922-Mary McLellan, 1947-Donald Dodds, 1951-Nathan Williams