Built: in 1876
Builder/ First Owner: Timothy J. Gavin
This quaint dwelling was built by Timothy J. Gavin, a Quebec native who moved here with his family in the mid 1870's. He built a few homes in Harriston and was also hired as assistant engineer of the Fire Engine. The back lawn of this property was once used for lawn bowling.
Former owners: 1876 Timothy J. Gavin, 1881 John Pearce, 1882 Mile Bateman, 1914 John Coburn, 1932 John A. Mundy, 1941 James W. Morton, 1949 James A. Hutchison.